Useful Information, Terms & Conditions
There are no membership or joining fees to use Thermae Bath Spa. Spa sessions in the New Royal Bath cannot be booked in advance unless you are a group of 8-12 people (Mon - Thurs only).
Treatments can only be booked along with a spa session and should be booked in advance by calling our Reservations team on 01225 33 1234. We require full payment at time of booking.
If your treatment is at the beginning of your spa visit, please allow 30 minutes to enter the Spa and to change before your treatment. The time allocated to a treatment is in addition to the spa session - e.g. a 2-hour spa session plus an aroma massage = 2 hours 50 minutes.
An additional 15 minutes is provided for changing and drying hair at the end of each spa session. Extra time is also added to your spa session if you have something to eat or drink in the Restaurant (Excluding the Twilight Package and Sunday Taster).
Amendments / Cancellations
The following conditions and charges apply for amendments / cancellations to spa sessions, treatments, packages and vouchers:
• Amendments more than 24 hours in advance of arrival date: £5.00 amendment fee per person
• Amendments within 24 hours of arrival cannot be made
• Amendments to vouchers prior to expiry date: £5.00 per voucher
• Cancellations more than 24 hours in advance of arrival date: £10.00 cancellation fee per person
• Cancellations within 24 hours of arrival: No refund
• Non arrival: No refund
• There are no refunds on vouchers
- Vouchers for spa sessions and packages are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Vouchers cannot be used beyond the expiry date, which is printed on the front of the voucher.
- Please check your voucher for days of validity - e.g. Monday - Friday only (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Treatments need to be booked in advance. Please have your voucher number available when making your booking. You will need to bring your voucher with you and exchange it at the Reception on the day of your booking.
- It is not possible to change the make-up of a package or voucher.
- Vouchers do not provide priority access or guarantee entry if the Spa is full.
- There are no refunds on vouchers.
- We do not offer treatments to young people under 18.
Children & Young People
In the New Royal Bath, children under 16 are not permitted. In the stand-alone Cross Bath, children of 12 are permitted when accompanied by an adult or guardian on a 1:1 ratio. We regret that we do not offer spa treatments to young people under 18. Proof of age required.
If you are pregnant, have a known allergy or suffer from a medical condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes or have had cancer within the last 5 years, please consult your doctor. We do not have a resident doctor. Following this advice, please notify us of any condition of which we should be aware, prior to completing your booking or if your medical condition subsequently changes after your booking has been made.
We reserve the right to request and view a doctor's letter prior to entering the Spa or providing a treatment and, if necessary, to refuse the treatment on medical grounds or ask that you sign a disclaimer.
There are lifts to all floors and specially designed assistance chairs which give access to the baths. There are no hoists or beds in the changing rooms. Our Access Statement is available on our website. www.thermaebathspa.com
Changing Facilities, Valuables & Lockers
The changing suite is mixed. After changing in a private cubicle, there are lockers of limited size to store your clothes and personal belongings. The locker sizes are:
- Standard: 82cm (32in) high, 23cm (9.5in) wide, 47cm (18.5in) deep
- Tall: 140cm (55in) high, 23cm (9.5in) wide, 47cm (18.5in) deep
No responsibility can be accepted by Thermae Bath Spa for the safety of money or valuables, whether placed in a locker or not. Thermae Bath Spa will not be liable for damage, injury or loss caused to our guests or their belongings.
Swimwear & Clothing
Swimwear should be worn in all public areas. Towel, robe & slippers are included. Robes should be worn in the Springs Cafe & Restaurant.
The Smart Band
The 'SmartBand' which is given to you on arrival at the Spa acts as the key for your locker and registers the times that you enter and exit the Spa. The SmartBand is also the means of ordering food or drink in the Restaurant, which is then payable on exit.
We only accept group bookings for a Thermae Welcome in the New Royal Bath from Monday - Thursday. For groups of 8-12 people, we offer a 10% discount on a Thermae Welcome from Monday - Thursday. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, small groups will be welcome but they will not be able to book a time slot in advance and they will enter with all other guests. Groups can pre-book spa treatments (e.g. a massage or facial) in The New Royal Bath along with a Thermae Welcome. The stand-alone Cross Bath is available for the exclusive use of groups up to 10 people.
Smoking, Liquids & Alcohol
Thermae Bath Spa and the outdoor terrace is a non-smoking establishment inclduing e-cigarettes. Due to the natural warmth of the thermal waters and the heat of the steam rooms, we recommend strongly that you drink plenty of fluids during your visit. Water fountains are freely available. We advise against the excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks prior or during your visit to the Spa. We reserve the right to refuse admission.
Pets & Animals
We cannot allow guests to bring pets or animals into the Spa. Please advise us in advance if you have a guide or assistance dog, so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Mobile Phones & Cameras
Out of respect for the privacy of all guests and the restful atmosphere which we are trying to promote, neither mobile phones nor cameras are permitted to be used in the Spa. CCTV is in operation in certain public areas of the spa.
Out of respect for the peace and privacy of our guests, we would request that you demonstrate appropriate behaviour, such as maintaining reasonable noise levels and not being too intimate.
We introduce a minimal amount of chlorine at 1.75-2.00ppm (parts per million) to our waters to uphold health and safety legislation in public bathing facilities.