The Cross Bath
The Cross Bath is an intimate open-air thermal bath. With its own changing facilities, the Cross Bath is a separate building and provides an alternative to the more extensive spa facilities in the New Royal Bath.
Where the Cross Bath now stands, the Celts revered their goddess Sul, in whose honour the Romans named their spa town, Aquae Sulis. The Cross Spring is now recognised as an official sacred site. As you relax in the oval Cross Bath, you can watch the natural thermal waters cascade from the spring and a specially commissioned poolside fountain.
Prices in the Cross Bath (Includes use of towel, robe & slippers)
1½ hour spa session
- Mon - Fri: £18 per person
- Sat & Sun: £20 per person
- Mon - Fri: From £200
- Sat & Sun: From £400
The Cross Bath is a unique venue which can be enjoyed exclusively for small parties of up to 10 people. Individual spa sessions in the Cross Bath can only be booked within 48 hours of your visit unless you are booking exclusive use. Please see our range of 'Exclusive Packages' for more details.
• Choose from a spa session in the Cross Bath or the New Royal Bath. There is no multi-entry ticket
• Children under 12 are not permitted in the Cross Bath. Young people between 12 - 16 must be accompanied by an adult / guardian on a 1:1 ratio
• Individual spa sessions in the Cross Bath are available 'on the day' or can be booked within 48 hours of your visit unless you are booking exclusive use
• In 2018, the Cross Bath can be hired out for the exclusive use of couples or small groups of up to 10 people
• Treatments are not available with a Cross Bath booking
• Sessions in the Cross Bath last for 1 ½ hours including changing time
• Towel, robe and slippers are included
• In order to avoid disappointment, we advise that you call us on 01225 33 1234 to check availability of the Cross Bath before you visit