Eight benefits of an outdoor bathe at sunset
29 August 2018
Candlelight, bath salts and guaranteed chill out; bathing in the evening can be a very special and relaxing ritual.
If you’re lucky enough to have an outdoor pool or hot tub in which to enjoy the evening air, you can take your bathing experience to a whole other level. But even if you don’t have a hot tub you can still enjoy a sunset bathing experience.
Here at Thermae Bath Spa we offer a special Twilight Package enabling guests to enjoy a meal in the restaurant and use of the spa facilities - including the Minerva Bath, the new Wellness Suite, and a bathe in the Rooftop Pool - while the sun begins to set. The spa stays open until 9.30pm, so even on long summer evenings you’ll still get to witness the sky gradually change colour behind the city skyline.
Need more convincing? Here are eight benefits of an outdoor sunset bathe:
- It gets you outside. Whatever the weather, you’re guaranteed fresh air from a bathe outside, and you’ll enjoy better views than those you get from your bathtub indoors. Thermae’s Rooftop Pool opens in all weathers apart from thunder and lightning storms, so you can enjoy bathing in warm water while the sunshine, rain or even snow falls down.
- It encourages you to look at the sky. How often do we live our days looking all around us - but rarely up at the sky? When bathing outside, especially in rooftop pools like Thermae’s, you’re far more likely to look up and enjoy the changing colours, shifting clouds, and birds flitting across the sky.
- It’s a great way to spend time with loved ones – without your phones! Socialising in 2018 is made so much harder by technology. Once you’re in the water you can leave your smartphones behind and reconnect – be it with friends, family or your other half.
- Hot water is good for you. There’s no feeling quite like submerging your body into soothing hot water – especially when you know that the water has been heated naturally, by rocks deep within the earth, as it is at Thermae Bath Spa. The water reaches the surface at 45°C and cools to a comfortable 35°C – toasty! Warm water is known to relax stiff muscles and ease joint pain, improve circulation, reduce blood pressure, and cleanse the skin. It also soothes us mentally, making it easier for us to fall asleep after bathing.
- Mineral-rich hot water is especially good for you. Many people add salts to their baths. At Thermae the hot water that feeds its indoor and outdoor pools is already packed with over 42 different minerals including calcium, magnesium and sodium – well known for their positive impact on skin, hair and nails.
- Cool views. The views from outside pools are invariably cooler than from indoor ones. With its city centre location, Thermae’s rooftop pool offers views over the Bath skyline, the Abbey, and the old Pump House chimney. You can also see a former hospital (now The Gainsborough Bath Spa).
- It’s romantic. Beautiful views, lovely warm water and uninterrupted time together: it’s no wonder Thermae attracts so many couples seeking quality ‘together time’.
- You can eat! Hottubs go hand in hand with Prosecco and nibbles. But unlike in a back garden hot tub, at Thermae you don’t need to cook your own dinner. You can enjoy a delicious meal and a glass of wine at the on-site Springs Restaurant. So why not dine and spa all in one go – and let somebody else wash up?
Have we persuaded you? Book your twilight bathing experience today
It sure beats sitting on the sofa of an evening! You can book your Twilight Package - which costs £48 for one or £90 for two - today by calling 01225 33 1234. Sessions start from 4pm onwards.
Follow us on Twitter
Thermae Bath Spa
Thermae Bath Spa
???? With the nights drawing in, our beautiful Minerva Bath lights are illuminating the spa quarter with colour ???? Tak… https://t.co/2vViHQH7sl
Thermae Bath Spa
Many of our guests enjoy being in the Rooftop Pool first thing in the morning, when there’s still a chill in the ai… https://t.co/06CUOLAz4v