Blog: Hot Stones Vichy Review
03 August 2017
£72 - 50 Mins
Do you love to spa? If so you have likely had your fair share of wraps, massages, facials and scrubs. So what treatment should a seasoned spa-goer choose to break out of their pampering rut?
Imagine the refreshing cleanse of a scrub and the deep relaxation of hot stones whilst warm water cascades over your body, the air filled with the rich scents of your chosen aromatherapy oil. This is Hot Stones Vichy.
Our Hot Stones Vichy treatment is unique enough to appeal whilst retaining elements of classic massage. Think of it as a tropical hot stones treatment, a three part fusion of exfoliation, hot stones and aromatic hydro massage.
The traditional hot stones combine with modern hydro massage techniques to deliver a uniquely refreshing yet relaxing experience.
What to expect from your Hot Stones Vichy treatment:
Your therapist will undertake a thorough consultation with you beforehand so you know what to expect from this unusual stone, oil and water ritual. The Vichy treatment room is warm and dark, with your choice of coloured lights filtering down from the Vichy apparatus. After choosing your preferred aromatherapy oil according to your mood, the therapist will advise you to lie face up on the cushioned bed.
The therapist will start the water Vichy at a comfortable pressure. While the water cascades over your body from the neck down, the therapist will scrub your skin with a natural sea salt and aromatherapy oil blend in sweeping motions that reflect the movement of the water over your body. You will turn over and the therapist will repeat the process on the back of your body. Remaining face down, you will then experience a hot stones massage on your back and the backs of your legs, whilst the hot water continues to stream over you and you enjoy the sounds of the water.
What people love about this treatment:
People like that they can choose their preferred aromatherapy oil – they have influence over how they want the treatment to make them feel. We have 13 different oils to choose from, which can make the client feel uplifted, balanced, grounded, and so on. Unlike some treatments the Hot Stones Vichy offers a trilogy of sensations – scrub, massage and hydro-massage – which leads to deeper relaxation. Clients also love the way it makes them feel afterwards – refreshed, relaxed and balanced.
Try the Hot Stones Vichy treatment if…
• You want to feel refreshed and relaxed
• You are seeking relief from aches and pains
• Your skin is dull and would benefit from exfoliation
• You want to try something a bit different
This treatment is not suitable if…
• You have had recent surgery, cancer within the last 5 years or have any of the following:
- High blood pressure, not controlled by medication
- Heart problems, not controlled by medication
- Heat/steam intolerance
- Fear of water
- Very sensitive skin
What products will be used?
Your therapist will tailor the essential oils depending on your requirements. All the products will be sourced from Aromatherapy Associates. The aroma oils you can choose from are:
• Destress Muscle (black pepper, ginger, rosemary and lavender) - for muscular tension relief
• Destress Mind (frankincense, chamomile, petitgrain) – calms and refreshes the mind
• Light Relax (lavender, ylang ylang and petitgrain) - uplifts and soothes away mental tension
• Deep Relax (vetivert, chamomile, sandalwood) - a deeply relaxing sedative oil, perfect for people with insomnia, jet lag, inability to relax
• Revive Morning (rosemary, pink grapefruit, juniper ) - refreshes, uplifts , detoxifies, awakens, anti-depressant, great for cellulite/fluid retention
• Revive Evening (ylang ylang, patchouli, geranium) – boosts confidence, ‘feel good’, uplifts
• Support Breathe (tea tree, eucalyptus, pine and peppermint) - decongesting, anti-viral, immune boosting, mind clearing
• Support Equilibrium (frankincense, rose, geranium ) - emotionally and hormonally balancing, fantastic for depression, felling low, PMT, menopause. A “hug in a bottle”.
• Support Supersensitive (chamomile, jojoba) - great for sensitive or irritated skin, calming and soothing
• Support Lavender and Peppermint - anti-inflammatory and calming, fantastic for digestive system, headaches, mild sunburn
• Inner Strength (cardamom, clary sage and rosemary) - a euphoric oil, uplifting, strengthening and grounding. 10% of proceeds go to a cancer research charity
• Renewing Rose body oil (rose, evening primrose, neroli) - incredibly hydrating and pampering to skin, uplifting, mood enhancing
• Nourish Enrich body oil (macadamia nut oil, ylang ylang , vanilla) - warming and luxurious, amazing for dry damaged skin
Harness the power of water in this unique treatment
Ready to try something completely different? Enjoy the fusion of water with a refreshing scrub and relaxing hot stones massage. Call 01225 33 1234 to book your treatment today.
Follow us on Twitter
Thermae Bath Spa
Thermae Bath Spa
From Mon 8th-Tues 23rd January 2018 inclusive, Thermae Bath Spa will close for planned maintenance and refurbishmen… https://t.co/NjRLK42iLu
Thermae Bath Spa