Useful Information, Terms & Conditions
There are no membership or joining fees to use Thermae Bath Spa. Spa sessions in the New Royal Bath cannot be booked in advance unless you are a group of 8 or more (6 or more in the Cross Bath).
Treatments can only be booked along with a spa session and should be booked in advance by calling our Reservations team on 0844 888 0844. We require full payment at time of booking.
If your treatment is at the beginning of your spa visit, please allow 30 minutes to enter the Spa and to change before your treatment. The time allocated to a treatment is in addition to the spa session - e.g. a 2-hour spa session plus an aroma massage = 2 hours 50 minutes.
An additional 15 minutes is provided for changing and drying hair at the end of each spa session. Extra time is also added to your spa session if you have something to eat or drink in the Restaurant (Excluding the Twilight Package). Beyond these times, there is a £6 charge for per half hour that you overstay your spa session.
Amendments / Cancellations
The following conditions and charges apply for amendments / cancellations to spa sessions, treatments, packages and vouchers:
• Amendments more than 24 hours in advance of arrival date: £5.00 amendment fee per person
• Amendments within 24 hours of arrival cannot be made
• Amendments to vouchers prior to expiry date: £5.00 per voucher
• Cancellations more than 24 hours in advance of arrival date: £10.00 cancellation fee per person
• Cancellations within 24 hours of arrival: No refund
• Non arrival: No refund
• There are no refunds on vouchers
• Vouchers for spa sessions and packages are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Vouchers cannot be used beyond the expiry date, which is printed on the front of the voucher.
• Please check your voucher for days of validity - e.g. Monday - Friday only (excluding Bank Holidays).
• Treatments need to be booked in advance. Please have your voucher number available when making your booking.
• You will need to bring your voucher with you and exchange it at the Reception on the day of your booking.
• It is not possible to change the make-up of a package or voucher.
• Towel, robe & slippers are not included in the price of a spa session or packages offered by a third party. These are available for hire from our main Reception.
• Vouchers do not provide priority access or guarantee entry if the Spa is full.
• We do not offer treatments to young people under 18.
• There are no refunds on vouchers.
Children & Young People
In the New Royal Bath, children under 16 are not permitted. In the stand-alone Cross Bath, children of 12 are permitted when accompanied by an adult on a 1:1 ratio. We regret that we do not offer spa treatments to young people under 18. Proof of age required.
If you are pregnant, have a known allergy or suffer from a medical condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes or have had cancer within the last 5 years, please consult your doctor. We do not have a resident doctor. Following this advice, please notify us of any condition of which we should be aware, prior to completing your booking or if your medical condition subsequently changes after your booking has been made.
We reserve the right to request and view a doctor's letter prior to entering the Spa or providing a treatment and, if necessary, to refuse the treatment on medical grounds or ask that you sign a disclaimer.
There are lifts to all floors and special assistance chairs give access to the baths. There are no hoists or beds in the changing rooms. We would be grateful if you could advise us of any special access requirements. Click here for our full Access Statement.
Changing Facilities, Valuables & Lockers
The changing suite is mixed. After changing in a private cubicle, there are lockers of limited size to store your clothes and personal belongings. For security reasons, we cannot store large bags or suitcases.
No responsibility can be accepted by Thermae Bath Spa for the safety of money or valuables, whether placed in a locker or not. Thermae Bath Spa will not be liable for damage, injury or loss caused to our guests or their belongings.
Swimwear & Clothing
Swimwear should be worn in all public areas. Towel, robe & slippers are not included in the cost of a spa session or packages offered by a third party but are included with a spa treatment or Thermae Bath Spa’s own packages. You are welcome to bring your own or hire them from our Reception. Robes should be worn in the Springs Cafe & Restaurant.
The Smart Band
The 'SmartBand' which is given to you on arrival at the Spa acts as the key for your locker and registers the times that you enter and exit the Spa. The SmartBand is also the means of ordering food or drink in the Restaurant, which is then payable on exit. There is a £10.00 charge if you lose your SmartBand.
Smoking, Liquids & Alcohol
Thermae Bath Spa is a non-smoking establishment, including the outdoor terrace. Due to the natural warmth of the thermal waters and the heat of the steam rooms, we recommend strongly that you drink plenty of fluids during your visit. Water fountains are freely available. We advise against the excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks prior or during your visit to the Spa. You are not permitted to bring in your own drinks, glass bottles and refreshments. We reserve the right to refuse admission.
Pets & Animals
We cannot allow guests to bring pets or animals into the Spa. Please advise us in advance if you have a guide dog, so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
We aim to provide an environment where all our guests can enjoy the special atmosphere and facilities. Please respect the peace and privacy of our guests and demonstrate appropriate behaviour within the Spa.
Mobile Phones & Cameras
Out of respect for the privacy of all guests and the restful atmosphere which we are trying to promote, neither mobile phones nor cameras are permitted to be used in the Spa.
Water Temperature & Depth of Baths
All the baths are a depth of 1.35 metres. The temperature of the water in all the baths is approximately 33.5°.