Thermae Bath Spa is an internationally-renowned Day Spa located in the heart of Bath. As a diverse an inspiring place to work, we are pleased to offer excellent rates of pay along with a range of benefits. We are currently looking for dedicated individuals in the following roles to join our fantastic team at our award-winning Spa.
If you would like to apply for an available position listed below, please send your CV with a covering letter to:-
Director of Human Resources
Thermae Bath Spa
The Hetling Pump Room
Hot Bath Street
Or by Email to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
YTL - Facilities Technical Manager – Thermae Bath Spa & The Gainsborough Bath Spa
Working for a global company. The Facilities Technical Manager will report to the Director of technical services, they will provide direct managerial and technical support to the Bath UK technical team. Further requirements will be to identify and specify required critical spares and procurement as well as liaising regularly with operations, keeping them aware of any impact to the business due to technical issues. It also involves compliance, setting up of different types of contracts, training requirements for all staff and safely operating and maintaining all systems and associated equipment on site in line with current legislation and standards.
• Maintaining a good working relationship with operations teams and work in a manner which ensures that maintenance services are delivered with professionalism.
• Ensure compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations, Procedures and Plans
• Ensure the safe and efficient operation of existing plant and equipment and diagnosing faults as required.
• Manage external relations with contractors, safely and efficiently maintaining (or supervising the maintenance by third party contractors of) existing plant and equipment.
• Attending site in response to significant breakdowns or failures of the equipment outside of normal working hours (escalation).
• Being familiar with and understand the site contingency plans for dealing with emergency situations. Reviewing and updating plans if required
• Manage all personnel ensuring that they are suitably qualified and experienced for the roles they are undertaking on daily basis.
• Ensure that all third-party contractors that are requested to carry out work on site, do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by site-specific procedures.
• Being familiar with all site procedures, conforming to company standards, rules and procedures.
• Assisting with the planning of service audits, H&S Check sheets and any other statutory insurance inspections.
• Minimise disruption to the business and maintain required services to key functional areas throughout the business.
• Carry out toolbox talks and assist in the development of staff and training, help the team on a daily basis in delivery of the maintenance service.
• Authorisation and reporting of annual leave and organisation of appropriate staff cover.
• Completing all administrative functions correctly and promptly, including detailed reports and quotations as required.
• Being aware of the key financial targets for the site and, in conjunction with the Director of technical services, carry out responsibilities in the most cost-effective manner.
• Seeking opportunities to enhance the business and developing business potential
• Leading initiatives and carry out other duties and projects as delegated or instructed by the Director of technical services
The role requires a Facilities Technical Manager to assist the Director of Technical services to operate on a daily basis with self-autonomy, dealing with matters including health and safety management, personnel management, subcontractor management, contract management, budget control, engineering planning and delivery, quotations, reactive and planned preventative maintenance.
• Previous experience in a managerial type role; must have worked in similar facilities or industrial environment, a services role ideally.
• Management of people issues, confident, positive, reliable and flexible
• Able to supervise a team of Technical operatives.
• Demonstrates that safety is paramount in all business operations and maintains wellbeing of employees.
• Understand and apply appropriate employee legislation, safety, health and environment regulations whilst applying appropriate recruitment, reward and disciplinary processes and procedures (grievances, absences, etc)
• Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
• Quality orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and standards are met.
• Communication skills - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups. Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
• Persuasiveness - Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change.
• Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows drive and career commitment
Primary trade qualifications and substantial experience within heavy plant equipment, a building services environment or industrial services are required. The following are desirable:
• Management experience required, preferably ONC / HNC Apprenticeship trained
• IEE Regulations 17th or 18th Edition - Advantageous
• Water treatment experience e.g. Legionella Awareness - Advantageous
• Health & Safety IOSH Managing Safety (or equivalent)
• Proficient in use of IT software Word/Excel etc.
• Ability to multitask, effectively work under pressure
• Ability to diagnose faults and recommend appropriate solutions
• Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
Job Type: Permanent
We are seeking Spa Therapists to join our superb team at Thermae Bath Spa. In this exciting role, you will perform a range of our spa treatments from our award-winning collection. Full training on our own range of treatments and Aromatherapy Associates products is provided. Ideal candidates will possess an NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent alongside exceptional customer service skills and immaculate personal presentation. Pay rate: £10.00 per hour.
We are seeking a Full Time Therapist Assistant to join our team at Thermae Bath Spa. In this exciting role, you will perform a range of duties to assist the spa therapists including, welcoming guests at the treatment area reception desks, preparing consultation forms and treatment lists, managing stock and laundry movements, maintaining cleanliness of treatment rooms and carrying out occasional treatments as and when applicable. A great first role for someone newly qualified or soon to qualify with a Level 3 qualification and who is able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and exceptional levels of customer service. Pay rate: £8.24 per hour.
All members of staff receive12 complimentary passes per year to be able to experience Thermae Bath Spa’s suberb facilities, for themselves and up to three guests.
Plus 20% discount on all treatments and products. There is also a quarterly Recognition & Reward programme to recognise excellent and superior performance by our team members and Managers.
All nominees receive an invitation to our quarterly afternoon tea event held at, and in conjunction with, our sister property; The Gainsborough Bath Spa.
Prizes for the winners include, Dinner at Dan Moon at The Gainsborough Restaurant, a bathhouse experience and treatment at Spa Village at The Gainsborough Bath Spa and weekend breaks at our other YTL Hotels in the UK.
Please note that Thermae Bath Spa is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. In connection with your application for work with us, we may collect, store, and use personal information about you. The majority of this processing will be justified on the basis of being necessary to perform a contract and / or so that we comply with a legal obligation.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to complete the recruitment process. This will include retaining information so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. We will then securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.